This is a project for kids of 6 years old and up. Younger kids can do this with adult‘s help.
Project takes about 30 – 40 minutes.
This project was inspired by Claude Monet masterpiece Water Lilies.
Materials: Styrofoam trays of various colors, dinner-sized (9”) and snack-sized (6’’) paper plates paper in white and blue, water print (optional), Play-Doh, green and blue plastic drinking straws, black stir straws, tooth sticks, scissors, glue
- Step 1. Prepare materials
- Steps 2 – 12. Make a water lily as shown on the pictures. You can use Styrofoam trays in different colors for lily petals. It would be better to make petals in advance, especially for younger kids.
- Steps 13-22. Make the reeds as shown on the pictures.
- Steps 23-24. Make water on a paper plate. You can make it in many ways: cut a water picture and glue it to the plate, use blue colored paper, paint it on the plate, or take a blue plate.
- Step 25. Make a pond with water lilies on the plate.
- Steps 26-28. Optional. You can add green leaves, grass, duckweed to the water.