This is a project for kids of 6 years old and up. Younger kids can do this with adult‘s help.
Project takes about 40 – 50 minutes.
This project was part of a children’s play scenery.
Materials: 6’’ paper plate, construction paper (white and brown), green cardboard or poster board (we used poster board), scissors, glue, green ribbon, pom poms, hair band.
- Step 1. Prepare materials
- Steps 2-3. Cut an oval
- Step 4. Bend the oval in half
- Step 5. Make some cuts along the fold (for better hairband fit) to make a cap
- Step 6. Attach a hairband
- Steps 7-8. Cut out four frog legs (two large and two small) and cut a piece of ribbon (about 25 in)
- Step 9. Place the ribbon inside of the cap and then glue both halves of the cap together.
- Step 10. Glue pom-poms on top of the cap for eyes
- Steps 11-12. Cut frog’s eyes and pupils out of green, white and black paper. Glue the eyes to pom-poms.
- Steps 13-14. Glue the smaller legs to the cap. Glue the larger legs to the ends of the ribbon.